Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Off Topic-- Government at its finest

When you have the opportunity to enjoy quantity time with your state and local government offices, take it. It is a level of comedy and irony.

I went to the local department of vital records to request a replacement birth certificate for my daughter. My daughter has four names or I should say a first name, two middle names, and a last name. We had gotten a replacement birth certificate a few years ago so I thought no big deal. After waiting a long time, after being told I would have to wait a long time, the lady looks at my application and tells me she can't give me a birth certificate because her typewriter was recently replaced and the font size on it is too big to print out the 38 characters my daughter's name entails. So I have to request it from the state office near the state capital as they have a typewriter with smaller fonts.

Welcome to the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment