Friday, December 31, 2010

Chrome OS, The Cr-48 (ChromeBook) drop test

My little girl loves the Chromebook (my new name for this). She loves to type on it and put sticky finger prints on it. The notebook gives the illusion of sturdiness and ruggedness. I know it probably isn't ruggedized especially compared to some of the Panasonic laptops I have seen, but the black cover feels a little sturdier than most. So this morning I was typing away when my daughter decides she has had enough Blue's Clues and wants to help me with my typing. I quickly it close it and put it on the corner of my desk. Somehow it wasn't far enough over and it falls just over two and a half feet. When I can get my daughter away from it I open it back up and it works fine (so far). Now granted, if it had a hard drive and didn't have a way to stop the heads before it crashed to the ground (like ThinkPads do with their accelerometer), then I would probably have picked up a nearly dead laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment