Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chrome OS, slow day

The Cr-48 has been slow today. In fact the Chrome browser blew up. I don't know if it is extensions messing it up or what, but it kept locking up and I finally shut it down. Even thought I told it to shut down it didn't feel on start up I had shut it down properly. Wireless performance has been flaky today as well with it. But after the restart it seems to be behaving much better. So today anytime I needed wanted to be on the 'Net, I have used this netbook. It got me to thinking. A friend of mine wants to write a book. What if he had a netbook like this and wrote everything in Google Docs? Then it would save everything he did on the web in the cloud. As I use this device I keep trying to figure out its niche. Where does it make sense? As one blogger said, college students could benefit from a machine like this by putting all their school work in the cloud. But what about a music player? How do I load all my music to the cloud so I can play it anywhere?

I found a way around checking email on my other Gmail accounts on the Cr-48. I crank up an Incognito session and it shells out to a new window which allows me to check my other accounts.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the slowness. I had a network slowdown while using my Android tethering via wifi today. Cool deal on the other accounts thing though. I was wondering earlier if I would be able to log into multiple accounts and switch users like a regular computer can.

    About the music thing: www.pandora.com. Between Pandora, Slacker, and the other streaming services, I think that should be well covered.

    How has it been getting used to typing on it? I've had a heck of a time. I dunno if it's the key shape or the contrast difference that I'm not used to. Maybe I just need time.

    Also, remind me to try out a video call at some point. Or you could just call me (call me) any time.

    ReplyDelete