Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Adventures in Google: Chrome OS Netbook

Okay. Full disclosure here: I am a Google fanboy. I have been a fan of Google for a long time. I use many Google products and I have tried to utilize as many of Google's products as I could to see if I could indeed live "on the net". At work I have a Google Mini search appliance to search the company's Intranet. I was an early adopter of Gmail back when it was invite only. And I tried my best to find a good use for Google Wave. I am a Google Voice user as well. All this to say, I am a Googler. It is now a proven fact. Today unexpectedly I received a Google Chrome OS Netbook for beta testing. I saw the links to try to apply for one. I really didn't think I would get it but then again, I did. I had this gut feeling I would get one. Why? I don't know.
So I am checking my email and I receive an email from one of my former students of my Linux scripting class. He says that through the Twitterverse someone in my town named Roy was getting one. So he assumed it was me. Well, as I hadn't heard from anyone from Google about this, I didn't figure the announcements had happened yet. Even stranger I had taken a vacation day to work on finishing up the grading in my Fall classes as they are due on Friday. So when the UPS truck arrives with a package with my name on it, I am shocked.
Having seen the screen shots and read the articles that have been coming out of the various tech blogs and magazines, I knew what the box looked like and I have seen the screenshots. So in keeping with that, I took a lot of pictures on the opening of the package.

I will document my adventures with this netbook in this blog so stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment